We found this recipe on the German blog Fräuleinchen, where Su and Rebecca do an amazing work to provide new, fresh and exciting recipes with beautiful pictures everyday. But their blog is unfortunately in German, so for you to be able to try it at home we will give you the recipe here. Otherwise check out their amazing version here!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAULIFLOWER DOUGH
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of Gouda or similar cheese
- Dried thyme, rosemary or herbs de Provence
- Salt, fresh grounded pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPING
- 2-3 figs
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- About 50 g of Gorgonzola
- Salt, pepper from the mill
HOW TO COOK A CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA WITH FIGS AND GORGONZOLA
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wash the cauliflower, remove the leaves and the stalk, then finely chop it in a kitchen machine. You should obtain small crumbs, the size of a rice-horn ; if you still have a few larger pieces it’s also good.
2. Spread the cauliflower on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool down.
3. Place the cauliflower in a clean cloth or gauze and press it until all the water contained in the cauliflower is out. Caution: the liquid is probably hot!
4. Turn up the oven heat to 220°C. In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, egg, cheese and spices. Cover an oven tray with a parchment paper (you can give it a circular shape if you want to) and distribute the mass evenly. Bake it then for about 20 to 25 minutes. Open the oven door from time to time to let the humidity escape.
5. In the meantime, prepare the toppings. Wash the figs, cut them into slices, finely chop the walnuts and cut the gorgonzola into bits.
8. Remove the dough from the oven and cover with your toppings. Put back your pizza in the oven for another 15 minutes, until the cheese melted.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Add some fresh pepper and enjoy!
Check out the whole recipe on the german blog of Fräuleinchen and all the rest. They have absolutely stunning daily recipes worth trying!